Software for Occupant and Pedestrian Protection
The expansion of regulations concerning the crashworthiness of automobiles and the impact protection of occupants has made the continual computational verification during the development process all the more important.
The American FMVSS201 standard defines an injury criterion for a head which impacts the upper interior car structure. Generator2 is a tool that allows the user to set the various positions and angles defined in this standard simply and quickly.
Generator2 offers the following features:
- Support for PAM-CRASH, LS-DYNA and Radioss input formats
- Dialog to simplify the definition of the FMH (free motion headform) position and shot direction
- Control of penetrations with the car structure
- Cross section view to find the impact point of the FMH
- Automatic calculation of the maximally allowed vertical angle (FMVSS201) with a recursive contact algorithm
- Output as PAM-CRASH, LS-DYNA (large, mlarge) or Nastran format
- Template controlled support of PAM-CRASH transform cards (TRSFM)
- User defined replacement of the FMH in an existing input deck